Totality Eclipse of the Heart!

 Hey all! Welcome back to Days of Dani! Let's get right into it.. the eclipse! Incredible right!!?? A little about a total solar eclipse for the people who aren't quite sure what it's all about, a total solar eclipse is when the moon passes between the sun and earth, completely blocking the face of the sun. The sky then turns dark as if it were dawn or dusk. When the sun is out on this day, you are told not to look directly at the sun so you do not damage your eyes, so everyone was told to wear specialized eye protection designed for solar viewing. Viewing any part of the sun through a camera lens, binoculars, or a telescope without these glasses will instantly cause severe eye injury. 

I'm not going to lie to you I wasn't too excited about it in the week leading up to it, but after witnessing it with my friends Monday I will say, it was magical. I hope you all got outside and witnessed it too! My friends and I spent the whole day leading up to it preparing pasta salad, chicken salad, and banana pudding to enjoy while we wait for the moon to take over!😁 While we were waiting we spent time outside playing with my friends dogs and throwing the frisbee around the yard. After watching the eclipse we all came back in to play a couple games of domino's before ending the night!


Thank you for stopping by the blog today! I hope you enjoyed the eclipse as much as I did!🌘
I'll see you next week on Days of Dani!








Comments

  1. I can totally relate to not being excited about the eclipse! I was questioning why people were getting so excited about it being dark during the day. After witnessing it I can also say it was way cooler than I expected!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts