Birthday in Tennessee

Hey everyone! Welcome back to Days of Dani! I hope you all had an exciting spring break! This year my friends and I went back to Tennessee for the week and spent my birthday outdoors. This trip was filled with mansion tours, tulip gardens, hiking, and lots of good food!

We started the week by making a 6 hour drive to my friends house where we stayed all week. After we arrived we took the day to relax and plan out our week of what we wanted to see each day. On Monday we planned to travel to the Cheekwood Estate and Gardens where we toured the Cheekwood Mansion, learning about it's history. After going though the mansion we wanted to take a walk through the multiple different gardens that were filled with different greenery and flowers. These tours took up most of our day so after we finished there we went back to my friends house, showered and headed to dinner with her parents. 

The next day we had planned to spend the day in downtown Nashville shopping and walking around. We went to an outdoor mall, tried a BBQ spot called Peg Leg Porker (which was really good!), and went sight seeing. We ended up going to Broadway Street and saw Kid Rock😄. 

On the third day in Tennessee we planned a day to just relax at the house, playing board games and chilling by the lake. My friends parents ended up playing some board games with us as well and we spent the night laughing and making memories. 


For my birthday on Thursday I really wanted to go to Mammoth Cave National Park to get my first National Parks stamp. We drove about two hours from my friends house to get to the cave and start our day of hiking. We planned to get to the park a little early so we could hike around before our tour at 1:30 p.m. We got a good tour and a half hours of hiking in then started the tour. The tour was my favorite part of the trip! It was a two hour long tour down in Mammoth cave and let me tell you, it was amazing! I can't recommend this park enough to people who enjoy hiking and doing things outdoors! I will say though, if you are claustrophobic this is not the tour for you.



This was one of my favorite trips we've done over spring break! I hope you all had as much fun as I did and I can't wait to share more content next week on Days of Dani!😁

Comments

  1. Happy birthday!! I love that you got to do some outdoor events and really enjoy the spring weather down south. I have been to Tennessee but have never been to the cave but it looks like something I would also enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts