Social Media Simternship!

 


This semester in my Principles of Social Media course, one of our main assignments was to complete a social media Simternship. Stukent's Social Media Simternship is the world's first social media marketing simulation where you are placed with a bag company called Buhi Supply Co. and are tasked with creating organic social posts, creating paid social posts, and working together with influencers to help advertise your brand. All together there were 12 rounds we had to complete to earn our certificate. I really enjoyed going through all the rounds of this simulation because it allowed me to really understand what we were discussing throughout the semester. 

I'd say that my favorite part of this simulation was negotiation with the influencers. There were times when it was a challenge making deals with them, but above all it was interesting to work through. I enjoyed having to take into account each influencer's components to figure out what the price they would agree on was. The hardest part I felt was creating the organic social posts. This was challenging because every time I thought I had checked off every box of the components I needed for my post to reach the target audience with pictures and videos, it never seemed to be successful 😅. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this assignment and I feel as though I learned a lot from it. I enjoy hands on projects that really give you an inside look at how different concepts you've discussed in class really can play out in the real world 😁. I have never experienced anything like this assignment and at the beginning of the semester, when we were told about it I was actually pretty nervous about it. This was my first PR class so I didn't really know what to expect. After finishing this assignment, I now look at different social media platforms and brands I follow to see how they run their websites to draw in their target audience! 
 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today and I'll see you next time for my last blog of the semester!

Comments

Popular Posts